We’re back with another weekly legislative recap! Let us know what you think of what’s going on in Montgomery!
In this week’s Top Five, we get an update on the medical marijuana bill, the gambling and lottery legislation, and more!
1. Medical Marijuana bill passes the State Senate…after only 15 minutes of debate.
2. The lottery and gambling bill is delayed.
3. Born-Alive Abortion Survivors bill advances.
4. Governor Ivey calls the legislature a “herd of turtles.”
5. Transgender bills are moving along.
Other things that you might want to know about:
- Only 19 states require kindergarten for public school students before entering the 1st grade. A bill that would add Alabama to that list has passed the House of Representatives.
- A House version of the alcohol delivery bill, which was approved in the Senate earlier this month, has been approved in the House Judiciary Committee and is headed to the full House for final passage. It will likely be substituted for the Senate version to avoid having to send the House version to the upper chamber.