It’s that time again – time for your weekly legislative recap! Let us know what you think of what’s going on in Montgomery.
In this week’s Top Five, we get an update on the governor’s mask mandate, the transgender surgery bill, and more!
1. Governor Ivey extends coronavirus restrictions and mask mandate another month.
2. Bill banning transgender surgeries on minors passes Senate.
3. Did you know that the Medical Association gets to pick the State Health Officer? One senator wants to change that.
4. Movement and a hiccup on measure to allow legislature to call itself into session.
5. Crazy uncles everywhere beware.
Other things that you might want to know about:
- A change to the Alabama Memorial Preservation Act that would give local governments more flexibility in taking down monuments failed in committee this week. After the committee meeting, the bill sponsor accused those who voted against the measure of racism.
- Bills to ban paying any entity per vote cast and curbside voting passed in committee this week. We’ll update you if these move further.
Til next week!