Spring Break is over and your recap is here! Let us know what you think of what’s going on in Montgomery.
In this week’s Top Seven, we put a few new bills on your radar and update you on some we’ve been watching for a while.
1. Senate passes shared responsibility for emergency powers.
2. Churches were closed in April. That may not be allowed to happen again.
3. A bill would let the Alabama Attorney General reject unconstitutional executive orders from DC.
4. Repeal of Alabama’s Habitual Offenders Act is moving.
5. Transgender sports bill passes Senate committee.
6. Yoga plans on hold.
7. Consideration of the medical marijuana bill postponed a week.
Other things that you might want to know about:
- The Senate on Thursday approved a bill that would establish lifetime concealed carry permits. The bill now goes to the House.
- The House Tuesday passed a bill that would ban the sale of e-cigarrettes or vaping products to individuals under 21. It now goes to the full Senate.
- The House Thursday approved the bill by Sen. Jabo Waggoner (R-Vestavia Hill) that would allow alcohol to be delivered to your door. It was amended in the House so it now goes back to the Senate for final approval.