Week Eight is done and we’re getting closer to the end of the legislative session! Let us know what you think of what’s going on in Montgomery.
A lot happened this week. Brace yourselves.
1. Lifetime concealed carry bill heads to the governor’s desk.
2. Republican-led committee rejects bill allowing legislature to call itself into session. Again.
3. Medical marijuana passes first committee in the House.
4. Vaccine passport ban approved unanimously in the Senate.
5. Open enrollment passes committee.
6. Wednesday’s lottery debate lasts a while.
7. Alcohol delivery bill goes to the governor.
8. Distracted driving bill fails.
Another thing that you might want to know about:
- A bill that would strengthen the Alabama Accountability Act, Alabama’s premiere school choice program, was heard in the House Education Policy Committee Wednesday.