The penultimate full week of session is in the books! Let us know what you think of what’s going on in Montgomery.
In this week’s Top 5, we’ve got updates on a bill to rebalance the balance of power, the budgets, and more!
1. Bill to rebalance the balance of power passes House Health committee after testimony by API’s Phil Williams.
2. Education budget goes to the governor, general fund one step away from final passage.
3. Over half of district attorneys tell legislature to vote ‘no’ on medical marijuana.
4. Governor signs transgender sports bill.
5. Bill to delay the Alabama Literacy Act’s effective date has slowed.
Another thing you might want to know:
- The Alabama legislature has just one full week left of session. The medical marijuana bill, gambling and the lottery, a ban on transgender surgeries and hormone therapies, and bills to rebalance the balance of power may all come up next week. Stay tuned for a full recap on everything that goes on. On that note…