The last full week of session is over. For our Republican supermajority in the House, medical marijuana and the gambling/lottery package took priority over conservative bills to rebalance the balance of power, keep children out of harmful surgeries, and protect the 2nd Amendment.
In this week’s Top 4, we’ve got big updates on marijuana, gambling, and more.
1. After filibusters and amendments, medical marijuana passes House.
2. After a long night, governor-supported lottery & gambling bill stalls in the House.
3. Permanent daylight savings time plan adopted.
4. Yoga may be coming to a school near you.
Another thing you might want to know:
- The Alabama legislature has one final day of session left on May 17th. This is usually reserved for legislation that the governor has changed or vetoed and needs final action from the House and Senate. We’ll also know for sure what has passed and what has failed and will send out a full session recap at that point. It’s been a full one.